Bedsores, also known as Pressure Ulcer Relief Products , are injuries to the skin and underlying tissue caused by prolonged pressure or friction on the skin. They are most common in people who are confined to a bed or chair for long periods of time, such as elderly or disabled patients, or those who have limited mobility. The market for pressure ulcer relief products includes a variety of devices and products designed to relieve pressure and friction on the skin and reduce the risk of pressure ulcers developing. Cushions, mattresses, overlays, and pillows are examples of these products.
An ageing global population, an increase in the prevalence of chronic diseases, and an increase in the number of hospital-acquired pressure ulcers are key drivers of the pressure ulcer relief products market. Furthermore, there is a growing awareness of the importance of pressure ulcer prevention, which has increased demand for these products. The market is divided into three sections: product type, material type, and end-user. Cushions, mattresses, overlays, and pillows are examples of product types. Foam, gel, air, and other materials are examples of material types. Hospitals, nursing homes, homecare settings, and others are among the end users of pressure ulcer relief products.
Download Free Sample Copy of this Report - https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=7625
Key Takeaways from Pressure Ulcer Relief Products Market Study
- Currently, the global pressure ulcer relief products market enjoys a valuation of US$ 5.3 billion.
- The pressure ulcer relief products market is slated to expand at 6.1% CAGR from 2022 to 2026.
- By 2026, sales of pressure ulcer relief products are expected to reach US$ 6.7 billion in value.
- Rising geriatric population, growing incidence of diabetes, increasing obesity among individuals, rising rate of hospitalizations, and increasing investments in healthcare R&D are expected to propel pressure ulcer relief product sales over the coming years.
- High costs of pressure ulcer relief products and lack of favorable reimbursement policies are anticipated to have a restraining effect on market expansion.
- The U.S. pressure ulcer relief products market stands at US$ 1.5 billion.
- The pressure ulcer relief products market in China is anticipated to reach US$ 600 million by 2026.
Key suppliers of pressure ulcer relief products are expected to focus on product innovation with the integration of advanced technologies.
- 3M, a well-known brand in the healthcare sector, announced updates to its wound care technologies in August 2022. The new 3M Veraflow Cleans Choice Complete dressing kit is anticipated to make it even easier for caregivers to provide care. Additionally, the business released a fresh software update for its 3M VAC Ultra therapy device.
Key players in the Pressure Ulcer Relief Products Market
- Hill-Rom Services Inc.
- Paramount Bed Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare Ltd (Sidhil Limited)
- DJO Global
- Mölnlycke Health Care
- Stryker Corp.
- Smith & Nephew Plc.
- Breg Inc.
Original Source of the original story >> The Global Pressure Ulcer Relief Products Industry Trends, Drivers, and Forecast for Cushions, Mattresses, Overlays, and More